The Leadership Development Program provides AFSA member companies an opportunity to invest in the development of their future leaders through a six-day intensive program run in collaboration with the University of North Carolina’s Executive Development department and the Kenan-Flagler Business School. The coursework allows participants to immerse themselves in innovative principles of management and leadership through class discussions, professional presentations, negotiations, change simulation, and even an outdoor team-building exercise. With challenging case studies and lively discussions, role-playing and team building exercises, your employees will hone their leadership, strategic thinking, and performance skills. This program also offers a fantastic opportunity for networking with new acquaintances – the future leaders of the finance industry.
Program highlights include:
- Learning the responsibilities of leadership, how to manage yourself more effectively, and adjust your leadership style to changing situations.
- Exploring diversity of leadership styles and recognizing how to utilize the power of different viewpoints to build trust and enhance team performance.
- Creating a plan for strategic change and receiving immediate feedback on employee buy-in in the context of a challenging computer simulation.
- Understanding sources of implicit bias and developing an ethical “rule of thumb” for making business decisions quickly and effectively.
- Mastering critical negotiation skills and understanding the role of gender in negotiating and collaborations.
- Building confidence in the ability to make dynamic and persuasive presentations.
- Analyzing strategic decision-making and strategy in the context of a case in the financial service industry.
- Experiencing first-hand the dynamics of building trust, collaborating, and creating an effective team.
- Receiving an update on critical regulatory issues.
The dates for the 2021 program are September 18-25. To access meeting details and a registration form, click here. You can also find more information about the Leadership Development Program Steering Committee here.
To learn more, play the video below to hear from the Leadership Development Program 2019 Class President.