The Leadership Development Program provides AFSA member companies an opportunity to invest in the development of their future leaders through a six-day intensive program run in collaboration with the University of North Carolina’s Executive Development department and the Kenan-Flagler Business School. The coursework allows participants to immerse themselves in innovative principles of management and leadership through class discussions, negotiations, and even an outdoor team-building exercise. With challenging case studies and lively discussions, role-playing and team building exercises, your employees will hone their leadership, strategic thinking, and performance skills. This program also offers a fantastic opportunity for networking with new acquaintances – the future leaders of the finance industry.
Program highlights include:
- Learning the responsibilities of leadership, how to manage yourself more effectively, and adjust your leadership style to changing situations.
- Exploring diversity, equity, and inclusion and how to utilize the power of different viewpoints to build trust and enhance team performance.
- Creating a plan for strategic change that focuses on not only implementing change but doing better and faster with employee buy-in.
- Understanding sources of implicit bias and developing an ethical “rule of thumb” for making business decisions quickly and effectively.
- Mastering critical negotiation skills and understanding the role of gender in negotiating and collaborations.
- Analyzing how strategies get created and executed in the context of a financial services case study.
- Mastering how to drive execution with effective decision making, collaboration, and influence.
- Experiencing first-hand the dynamics of building trust, collaborating, and creating an effective team.
- Receiving an update on critical regulatory issues.
The 2023 Leadership Development Program has concluded. For more information, you can reference the 2023 program brochure here. We will announce the 2024 program dates shortly. You can also find information about the Leadership Development Program Steering Committee here.
To learn more, play the video below to hear from the Leadership Development Program 2022 Class President.