The Leadership Development Program provides AFSA member companies an opportunity to invest in the development of their future leaders through a six-day intensive program run in collaboration with the University of North Carolina’s Executive Development department and the Kenan-Flagler Business School. The coursework allows participants to immerse themselves in innovative principles of management and leadership through class discussions, professional presentations, negotiations, change simulation, and even an outdoor team-building exercise. With challenging case studies and lively discussions, role-playing and team building exercises, your employees will hone their leadership, strategic thinking, and performance skills. This program also offers a fantastic opportunity for networking with new acquaintances – the future leaders of the finance industry.
Program highlights include:
- Learning the responsibilities of leadership, how to manage yourself more effectively and adjust your leadership style to changing situations.
- Creating a plan for strategic change and receiving immediate feedback on employee buy-in in the context of a challenging computer simulation.
- Developing an ethical “rule of thumb” for making business decisions quickly and effectively.
- Mastering critical negotiation skills including principled, interest based and win-win negotiation.
- Building confidence in the ability to make dynamic and persuasive presentations.
- Analyzing strategic decision-making and strategy in the context of a case in the financial service industry.
- Experiencing first-hand the dynamics of building trust, collaborating, and creating an effective team.
- Receiving an update on critical regulatory issues.
The Leadership Development Program Steering Committee met in early 2021 and as a result of that discussion we are planning to move the program back to later in the year primarily because of challenges associated with the coronavirus. The tentative dates for the 2021 program are September 18-25. Please save the dates and watch for more information coming soon to include the program brochure with the registration form. If you have any inquiries, please reach out to [email protected]. You can also find more information about the Leadership Development Program Steering Committee here.
To learn more, play the video below to hear from the Leadership Development Program 2019 Class President.