The AFSA/UNC leadership 6-day intensive program provides an opportunity to invest in the development of your organization's future leaders. With challenging case studies and lively discussions, role-playing and team building exercises, your employees will hone their leadership, strategic thinking and performance skills and "think outside the box." This fast-paced program allows participants to immerse themselves in innovative principles of management and leadership through class discussions, case analyses, ethics, professional presentations, negotiations, experience change simulation and the outdoor team building exercise. Always a highlight of this program is the power of networking with new acquaintances - the future leaders of our industry.
The Leadership Development Program Steering Committee met in early 2021 and as a result of that discussion we are planning to move the program back to later in the year primarily because of challenges associated with the coronavirus. The tentative dates for the 2021 program are September 18-25. Please save the dates and watch for more information coming soon to include the program brochure with the registration form. If you have any inquiries, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more, play the video below to hear from the Leadership Development Program 2019 Class President.
- Learning the responsibilities of leadership, how to manage yourself more effectively and adjust your leadership style to changing situations;
- Creating a plan for strategic change and receiving immediate feedback on employee buy-in in the context of a challenging computer simulation;
- Developing an ethical "rule of thumb" for making business decisions quickly and effectively;
- Mastering critical negotiation skills including principled, interest based and win-win negotiation;
- Building confidence in the ability to make dynamic and persuasive presentations;
- Analyzing strategic decision-making and strategy in the context of a case in the financial service industry;
- Experiencing first-hand the dynamics of building trust, collaborating and creating an effective team;
- Receiving an update on critical regulatory issues.